Thank you so much for your interest in Curled up with a good book
I love to read, it’s an active passion of mine, and I’m more than happy to receive requests for reviews on my blog. I try really hard to accept as many requests as I can if they fall within the genres that I do read, and am especially happy to accept reviews from self-published and new authors to try and help you spread the word! I take part in a lot of blog tours so don’t always have as much time as I’d like to read and review; I work full time and am also studying part-time for a degree via distance learning too (in Archaeology for anyone interested!).
My reviews will always be 100% my honest opinion. I like to let my readers know what I enjoyed about the book, how I felt about the characters and how the book might have affected me emotionally. If I have a few negatives to point out I will do this as constructively as I can.
I also share my views on Goodreads and Twitter, Instagram and NetGalley (if applicable).
MY STAR RATINGS….
Absolutely LOVED this book and will add to my ‘to be read again’ pile! Will actively be looking for more books from the author. Highly recommended by me!
Really enjoyed this book and will keep an eye out for more from the author. Definitely recommended by me!
Enjoyed this book but may have been a few aspects that I didn’t enjoy quite as much. May not be to my taste but still a good book.
or below: Not really to my taste but I understand that others may enjoy it. (I will always point out the reasons why; and if I’m not enjoying it and am likely to give stars or below, I will contact the author/blog tour organiser before posting)
THINGS TO NOTE….
- I am more than happy to hear from authors or publishers for book review requests. However, I can’t guarantee a timeframe for reading/reviewing, it will depend on how many other books I have to read/review at that time. If I’m happy to accept the request, we can agree a rough timescale but please be aware that sometimes life happens and I don’t always get to it as quickly as hoped….although I will do my best! If you have a deadline, please do let me know and I will do my very, very best to reach it for you!
- I currently accept ebooks (preferably mobi), paperback and hardback.
- I am happy for authors and publishers to use quotes from my blog as long as they are attributed to my blog.
- I do try to reply to all requests but sometimes I struggle with time so I willcome back to you as soon as I can. However, if you haven’t heard from me within 4 weeks, please assume I’m not interested (with my apologies!).
- I don’t receive payment for any of the books I review, and will always give an honest opinion.
- I am not affiliated with any links I post on my blog.
- All views are my own.
WHAT WILL I READ….
I’m pretty open and enjoy most genres so feel free to put in a request! I will consider non-fiction but will only accept if I feel I would really enjoy it. I won’t read poetry, erotica or anything overly sport related so please don’t contact me if your book is in relation to any of these (sorry!).
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH AND WHAT TO INCLUDE….
If you’d like to send me a request, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d really appreciate it if you could also give me the following information:
- Book title
- Book length
- Deadline that you are working towards if you have one
- Whether you’re a publisher/indie author etc
- Any other information you think will help me make a decision
Once we’ve agreed to go ahead, please send me any information you’d like me include such as author bio, purchase links and social media links. I will then tag you in any relevant posts across social media. I will also endeavour to send you links to the reviews of your book.
MY ONLINE/SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS….
Thanks again so much for your interest!