Morning my lovelies. Today I’m delighted to be on the blog blitz for Sun, Sea and Summer Vibes where author Zoe Allison is guesting posting about ‘Summer Vibes‘ and escapism…… First up here’s everything you need to know about the book….Enjoy!
about the book
Title: Sun, Sea and Summer Vibes
Author: Zoe Allison
Genre: Contemporary romance / holiday romance
Estimated page count: 196
Formats available: Paperback and eBook
Publisher: Totally Bound Publishing (6 July 2021)
Tour organised by: Rachel’s Random Resources
Sometimes first impressions are far from the truth…
Nina Darwish is a scientist who likes to proceed with caution and careful deliberation. When she arrives at the party destination of Ibiza to play PA for her best friend and international pop sensation Isla Starr, she has trouble adapting to the carefree and easy-going vibe on the island. The situation isn’t aided by Isla’s seemingly surly yet irritatingly attractive music producer, the world-renowned dance DJ Logan Wild, known by his real name—Cameron—to his friends. Plus, Nina’s run-ins with, and repeated rebuttal of, an extremely entitled and very annoying male singer named Zac don’t help to aid her mood.
Unbeknownst to Nina, Cameron remembers her from the past, when he was a geeky student who admired her from afar. Unfortunately, it’s clear that Nina considers him ill-natured, no doubt due to his natural awkwardness, which he masks using a stage persona. However, even if that weren’t the situation, he’s involved in a dead-end relationship with his celebrity girlfriend Ash. Plus, Nina’s eye appears to have been drawn onto Ash’s no good ex-boyfriend, Zac, therefore there’s no point in believing anything could ever happen between them.
But despite all of that being the case, for some reason, he just cannot stop thinking about her.
Summer Vibes by Zoe Allison
Writing Sun, Sea and Summer Vibes provided me with some much-needed escapism during the pandemic. It meant I could travel to Ibiza in the beautiful Balearics in my mind’s eye during a time when such journeys were not possible. I actually did have a trip to Ibiza for a friend’s birthday planned in 2020 which was COVID cancelled *sad face*.
I did have loads of fun googling stuff about Ibiza though (I’ve only been once) and doing a virtual tour of an amazing property on which I modelled Cam’s gorgeous luxury villa. Now summer is here for real and maybe some of you might even manage to get abroad, green list permitting! These are the things I love about summer:
- Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a sun worshipper. I don’t want to lie out in it all day because I end up getting too hot and sticky and have to retreat to the shade or into the air con. Also, I’m aware of the risks of skin cancer (just like Nina in Sun, Sea and Summer Vibes!) Plus, I’m old and don’t want more wrinkles. But there’s something about wandering around the shops in the bright sunshine, or going for a walk, or sitting reading with the sun warming my skin that increases my serotonin levels.
- The smell of sun cream. Nothing evokes memory like scent. When out in my garden in the recent sunshine I applied some sun cream and my olfactory centre immediately transported me to a beautiful beach. Although the sticky residue that the cream leaves, I’m not a fan of!
- In Sun, Sea and Summer Vibes Nina is a keen swimmer and I too love the water. I’m more at home swimming in a pool than the sea because I’m a wimp when it comes to saltwater—it really stings my eyes and nose. Plus, I’m a bit scared of the power of the sea. But jumping into the cool, blue waters of an infinity pool on a sweltering day is just…*serotonin alert*.
- Kids out playing. I love seeing my children outdoors playing in our garden with the neighbours’ kids, and I adore hearing the sound of their laughter around the pool when we’re on holiday. Partly because it’s always a good feeling to know your offspring are having fun, but also it reminds me of being their age and how brilliant summertime was.
- Going on holiday! I love being on holiday. Exploring a new place, relaxing in the sun, reading. Having a cocktail. Whether it be UK based or abroad all those points apply.
- Family time. My husband and I have our longest bout of annual leave in the summer (two weeks) and spending that time together as a family is probably the one time I can fully relax and de stress from the rigours of my day job life as a doctor. It’s been especially important to me during the pandemic.
I hope you enjoy reading Sun, Sea and Summer vibes. It’ll suit you as poolside reading if you do get away somewhere, but it’ll also provide you with a virtual holiday if you’re remaining at home for the summer. Long live escapism!
about the author
Growing up, Zoe Allison loved stories about falling in love. But rather than being rescued by a knight in shining armour, she imagined herself fighting dragons alongside him, battling supervillains as heroic allies, or teaming up to dive into perilous waters in order to save a loved one from drowning. Once Zoe did grow up, she became a doctor. But as time went on, she craved a creative outlet to counter the soul sapping burnout that her career inflicted upon her, and also to achieve those happy endings that were so often lacking in the real world. She wanted heroes who truly love and value women, who find their true love inspiring, are fascinated by her, want to connect with her as a soulmate and fully open themselves to her on an emotional level. And so, Zoe began to write her romances.
A Zoe Allison novel promises a heroine who is not only her hero’s equal in ability and intellect, but whose hero equals her in emotional intelligence. Her characters overcome conflict infused with spine tingling sexual tension to forge a deep connection as soul mates as well as lovers, and ultimately, they both rescue each other emotionally. Even if they might begin their journey as enemies…
follow the tour
Thanks to Rachel for inviting me on to the tour and for Zoe for her wonderful guest post.
Have a lovely day everyone