Every month I receive The Natural Beauty Box and always receive fabulous products but Siskyn Frankincense & Jasmine Night Facial Oil is most definitely one of my favourites!
Thinking back to when my box arrived I was really unsure about the product. I’d never really used facial oils and thought that it would be greasy, horrible, make my skin oily and ruin my pillowcase! I’m not a HUGE fan of frankincense either so wasn’t sure if I’d like the scent. Oh how wrong I was!
I was impressed with the ingredients, this facial oil is made from a blend of only 18 essential oils! How wonderful and natural!
I was having a chat with one of my friends about facial products (as you do!); she told me how good facial oils can be and how great they’ve been for her dry skin. I decided that I had nothing to lose and so decided to give it a try.
I remember using the night oil for the very first time. I’d cleansed and toned my face as usual, then put a small amount of oil onto my fingers via the pump. The scent was nowhere near as overwhelming as I’d expected it to be, but I could definitely smell the frankincense in it. It still wasn’t my favourite scent but it didn’t put me off!
The first thing I noticed was how it wasn’t as greasy as I’d expected, not at all! I only needed a couple of pumps, and it was actually really nice to apply to my skin. Once I’d got into bed, I didn’t feel like it was rubbing off on to my pillow either, although I was convinced I’d see a greasy mark in the morning!
I woke up in the morning and the oil had soaked into my skin beautifully leaving it feeling nourished, there was no oil left and…..no mark on my pillow! I have quite sensitive skin and was impressed to see that I hadn’t had a reaction to it! Winner!! So I decided to keep trying it.
How I feel about it now
So I’ve been using this night facial oil now for a good couple of months and I absolutely love it. My skin has never been better. I’m used to having dry skin and genuinely using this every day has helped so much. In the last few weeks of not using it (and trying another brand for review) I’ve had 2 big dry patches appear on my cheeks! So annoying…..although I know it’s just my skin telling me to get back to the oil – which I am!
How about the smell? Well I actually now REALLY like the scent! For me, because it goes on just before I get in bed, it’s such a relaxing scent and gets me in the mood for a great nights sleep.
I very rarely find products that I love so much so I wanted to do more research into the product and brand; I’m so glad I did! Now I want to share what I’ve learnt with you!
The product – Siskyn Frankincense & Jasmine Night Facial Oil
This facial oil is part of their ‘Luxe’ range (there are also ‘Elixir’ and ‘Organic’ ranges). Made up of a blend of 18 essential oils with healing and regenerating properties. This night oil includes:
- Frankincense – Regenerative properties
- Myrrh – Boosts skin
- Jasmine – Hydrates skin
- Rosehip – Increases collagen production
- Caldendula – Helps improve skin tone
- Baobab – Aids skin maintenance
- Lemon – Brightens skin, including dark pigments (including age spots)
- As well as the other 10 essential oils!
Check out the full list here.
In addition, it has a slower absorption rate so that it soaks in to your skin overnight so that your skin feels amazing in the morning (and trust me, it does!).
Other top things to note:
- It can help balance acne prone skin
- Suitable for all skin types (and my skin is SENSITIVE!)
- It lasts a LONG time! I’ve been using it for a couple of months and haven’t even dented the bottle!
- It’s gentle enough to use around your eyes (try not to get it in them though!)
- You CAN’T use this if you are pregnant
Honestly, doesn’t it just sound amazing? That’s because IT IS!
The Frankincense & Jasmine Facial Oil retails on their website for £32 for 30ml. Now NORMALLY I would NEVER consider paying this much for skincare BUT I definitely would with this. Once my bottle has run out, I will definitely be purchasing another one!
This product has genuinely been a game changer for me.
The brand – Siskyn Skincare
Firstly, Siskyn is Leaping Bunny certified and registered with The Vegan Society – HUGE BONUS. They are also a UK company (which I love to support), based in Cornwall.
As you may know if you’ve read other areas of my blog or watched my YouTube channel, I’m trying to become more sustainable and less wasteful. Here is another massive bonus point for this brand!
- The packaging is made from recycled glass
- Cardboard packaging is recycled
- The ink on the boxes is soy ink. For those that don’t know, this is MUCH better for the environment. Soy ink is naturally low in volatile organic compounds and is much easier to remove in the recycling process!
- Their domain is through a 100% carbon neutral website provider
- Their purchases are made through a supplier who donates to the RAJA-Danièle Marcovici Foundation. The foundation supports charitable projects, for women, who are at greatest risk of violence, injustice and poverty.
- They make a voluntary carbon offset contribution whenever they can
As well as other things!
ALL of their products are free from:
- Artificial preservatives and fragrances
- Petrochemicals (like mineral oil)
They don’t even contain WATER! They are just pure natural oils!
You can read the brands story on their website here.
Honestly though – HOW AMAZING IS THIS BRAND?!
As you’ve probably gathered, I love this product and I equally love the brand. They really match all the ethics that I’m looking for and have created an exquisite, luxurious product. I would HIGHLY recommend you check them out as they offer a number of different products so there will definitely be one that works for you!
If you’re new to their site, I believe if you sign up to their newsletter, you can also get 15% off your first order too so get signing up!
I am not affiliated with this brand and all views are my own. The product was paid for through my subscription box so this is a genuine, honest review – and a genuine love on my part!
I hope this has been useful for you, and it helps a few of you discover this fabulous brand! If you’ve used this brand before, or purchase a product soon – I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for reading friends