I’m so excited to have been nominated for my first Sunshine Blogger Award! Towards the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to be nominated by Melissa (@hrllsmrlblog) but as you know I’ve had the flu and felt rubbish so it’s taken me a while to get round to writing this post; BUT better late than never!! I never thought in a million years that I’d get nominated for anything this early on in my blogging journey so I am really grateful, thanks so much Melissa! You can check out Melissa’s lovely blog at: https://hellamel.weebly.com
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- List the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Questions I was asked:
- How did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite animal?
- Movies or books: if you could only choose one of these, which would you pick and why?
- Favourite TV show?
- If you found a 100 dollar bill on the sidewalk, how would you spend it?
- Any advice for aspiring bloggers?
- What is something that no one knows about you (that you’re comfortable sharing about, of course)?
- What do you do in your free time?
- If you were a pizza topping, what would you be and why?
- Would you eat a live worm for 10000 dollars?
- You wake up and realise that you are in a different body. Who is it? What’s the first thing you would do with your new body?
- I started blogging as I’d recently turned vegan and started using cruelty-free and vegan products. At the time I couldn’t find much advice on the internet from genuine people about their experience with products, and also struggled to find vegan brands. I started my blog to help others on their journey, and to try and recommend products for others (although I’ve since found A LOT of amazing cruelty free blogs!)
- This is a REALLY hard question for me….I literally love ALL animals!!!! Going by what my friends might say though, I’ll go with reindeers! I absolutely love them, especially because Christmas is my favourite time of year. I wanted to have reindeers at my Christmas wedding but my mean Hubby wouldn’t let me!! All my Christmas jumpers (I have a few!) also feature reindeers!!
- Books…..without a doubt! I LOVE reading and always have done since I was a kid. I also tend to get bored easily so at least with a book I can read as much as I want and put it down (my Husband wouldn’t be impressed if I constantly stopped movies!). Plus with a book you can use your own imagination which can be far more magical.
- I don’t think I have ONE favourite programme as I go through stages! My most recent favourite, MUST see TV programme though has been ‘Celebrity Haunted Mansion’!! I absolutely loved it, tweeted the show, got a picture on the TV and had a few of my tweets read out and retweeted by the ghost hunting legend, Jason Hawes!!
- I’d probably either use it to go out for a meal with Hubby, or get us a nice take away and then spend the rest on beauty products! I’d probably get a few treats for my fur babies too!
- I would say just do what you want to do! I spent SO long researching what I SHOULD be doing, which then put pressure on me to try and post at regular intervals. For me, that’s not realistic, I work full time and I’m studying for a degree so I took the pressure off myself and now post when I have time. The other thing is whether to have a niche or a general blog. Most of the advice you’ll find on the internet is to have a niche….I’m pretty sure my blog is quite niche but also want to be able to write about other things I enjoy. So basically, do what you think you will enjoy and don’t put pressure/timescales/limitations on yourself in the beginning! (If you want to seriously blog you can always do this later on once you’re a bit more established).
- I don’t think there is anything! I’m quite an open person so most of the people closest to me know everything there is to know! However, not many people know that my middle name is Trudy….I generally keep it quiet (but now it’s out there on the internet for all to see!)
- To be fair I don’t have much spare time!! I’m normally either working, studying or blogging! BUT if I do have time, it’s normally spent with my friends and family, OR going on ghost adventures/hunts with my mates!!!
- I really struggled with this! Obviously I didn’t want to be anything meaty being a vegan so my choices were quite limited!! After going through every option of topping, I’ve decided on chilli!! I really like chilli, most of the time they’re quite nice to eat but SOMETIMES you get the hottest one that burns and sets your tongue on fire! I very rarely lose my temper, but when I do, I’m sure I resemble a chilli!!
- Definitely not!
- I’d be a man! Ideally Chris Hemsworth, at which point I’d admire myself in the mirror (!) but if I couldn’t be him, I’d be any man so I could see what it’s like!!
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- Name three blogs that you love and tell us why.
- Describe yourself in three words!
- If you could only have one, which would you give up? Make-up or skincare?
- Where is your most favourite place in the world and why?
- If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why?
- What are five things you would bury in a time capsule and why?
- If you could do any job that you wanted, what would you do and why?
- What is your favourite song of all time and why?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- Becky – www.crueltyfreebecky.com
- Kara – https://eldeeable.wordpress.com
- Bryanna – www.theecological.co.uk
- Kayleigh – www.theeveryrose.co.uk/skincare/
- Becks – www.becksbunnyfreebeauty.blogspot.co.uk
- Ruth – www.naturallynorthernbeauty.wordpress.com
- Siobhan – www.veganbabelife.co.uk
- Charlotte – www.gracefulglamouruk.wordpress.com
- Emily – www.ethicalem.com
- Sarah – www.boxnip.co.uk
- Emma – www.apathtovegan.wordpress.com
Thanks for reading everyone and have fun with this fellow bloggers! Enjoy!